LIFT2Enrich is a 501c3 organization founded in 2018 by five-time author and writing coach, Terri Whitmire. As the executive director, her goal is to elevate creative writing in all young people by:
- Supporting children writers with our nationwide programs
- Fostering excellence in education for all students
- Long history of success producing young authors, scriptwriters, movie critics as well as supporting Common Core/Milestone curriculum.
- Meeting the demands of disenfranchised communities and establishing equity in education
- Highly experienced in delivering quality distance learning programs
- Offering working parents in-person or virtual programs that inspire creativity and elevate their children’s writing skills.
- Received state proclamation from Georgia’s Governor Nathan Deal
- Our program has been acknowledged by Senator David Perdue (seen in picture), The Georgia Department of Education, and U.S. Congressman Tim Price.
- Increasing job readiness and cultivating a healthy workforce with real-world writing skills
- Nurturing the creativity and ingenuity of all children which destroys the unconscious bias placed on children of color
- Providing a healthy outlet which prevents students from disengaging in school, leading to poor grades, increased dropout, and risky behavior.
We are headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, serving students nationwide.
Growing up as a young African American girl in Waterbury, Connecticut, my passion was reading and writing. I didn’t believe I or my writing was that special. So, I kept my short stories, poems, and lyrics hidden. In high school, there was no outlet for kids like me who loved to write. So, I simply did my work and prayed that graduation would come quickly. Now, as a published author, writing coach, and owner of The Writer’s Tablet Publishing Agency, I’ve heard other aspiring writers echo that same sentiment.there was no outlet for kids like me who loved to write. So, I simply did my work and prayed that graduation would come quickly. Now, as a published author, writing coach, and owner of The Writer’s Tablet Publishing Agency, I’ve heard other aspiring writers echo that same sentiment.
Right now, especially in our underserved communities, there are quite a few sports-related programs and funding for STEM initiatives, and that’s great; however, there are children who are falling through the cracks. They are the creative thinkers/the innovators, and we are not engaging them, which leads to things like:
- Disengaging from school
- High rates of absenteeism
- Falling behind in class
- and student no living up to their full potential
And we know kids who are disengaged from school are more likely to get into situations that are not good for them.
With this in mind, I decided to create a program that I wished was available when I was a young girl. I started my for-profit business, Fun Creative Writing, in 2013, but I also wanted to make the same programs are accessible to everyone, irrespective of their economic background. I created LIFT2Enrich, Inc., to support those young innovators who need a productive creative outlet. We would love for you to join us.
Having strong writing skills is an indicator of future success – it is a pathway to meaningful, higher-earning jobs and to a positive, stable, and productive future. Won’t you join our mission?