Written by Monique Beauchamp Doll
We all know that December is one of the busiest times of the year.
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, another holiday, or no holiday, it’s certainly a time to reflect on the past year and take the opportunity to spend time with friends and family.
It’s also a time to take a break from school and refresh. Many use this time to relax or do something fun.
How about using this time to read something fun. Here are some alternative ideas for reading material. Perfect even if you aren’t an avid reader. (By the way, these also make great holiday gifts!)
- Graphic novels
- Comic books
- National Geographic (for kids and adults)
- Write your own book
Heading into the new year is also an excellent time to think of your goals for the new year. Maybe consider adding a resolution to help support literacy. Here are some ideas for fun ways to do this:
- Read to a kindergarten class.
- Purchase new books from an up-and-coming author and give them to an underserved school.
- Volunteer and donate to a literacy-based nonprofit. (hint, hint)
- Help out at your local library
However you decide to celebrate the end of the old year and the start of a new one, Lift2Enrich wishes you and your family all the best.